Basic hygienic precautions should be followed which can help you to have a hassle-free and happy holiday.
1. Do not drink tap water
2. Do not eat anything from the road-side vendors
3. Do not eat fruits and salad vegetables that were prior cut and kept exposed 4. Do not take any locally made ice creams/milk shakes/ soft drinks
5. Keep yourself hydrated with hygienically bottled water; buy only sealed water bottles from reputed companies.
6. Wear cool cottons and materials made of natural fibres to absorb sweat better.
7. Wash regularly as sweat and humid atmosphere may create fungal infections
8. Use sunshade/caps when out in the sun
9. Use sunscreen liberally
10. Attend to any skin injuries like shoe bites, skin infection, skin sore immediately
11. Keep mosquito repellent and insect repellent in your beach bag
12. Seek medical attention immediately in case of any injury or skin infection, shoe-bite etc. and have it treated with antibiotic creams and medication. Since the Islands have typical tropical hot and humid weather, infections can set in easily and early.